Item no. 30141
|Occupation: Building and construction trades|
|Collection: Wagner Labor Archives|
Employees in a marble shop at 147th Street and Austin Place in the Bronx, circa 1915
Marble shops needed men who could fabricate, cut and polish marble. Men in this shop, one of many in the Bronx, were members of Local 4 of the Marble Carvers, Cutters and Setters.
See the exhibit Landscape of Lost Arts for more historic images of union members and artisans who built and rebuilt the landscape of the city.
Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, Collection of the Tile, Marble and Terrazzo Union, Local 7 [NP 184]