Item no. 28412
|Occupation: Entertainment and sports|
|Collection: NYU Tamiment Library|
Radio broadcast, New York City
Two men conducting an interview for broadcast on radio station WEVD, the most powerful of the many Yiddish radio stations from the 1930s. Named in honor of Eugene Victor Debbs, longtime leader of the socialist party, the station was created in 1927, and in 1932 it was taken over by New York's leading Yiddish newspaper, The Forward.
Image by union photographer Daniel Nilva from the Tamiment Library Collections, New York University.
View the exhibit Five Photographers for related images.